IHSA Training Provider Agreement

The Infrastructure Health & Safety Association (IHSA) has three courses available to become IHSA Training Providers, these are:

  • School Bus Driver Improvement Course
  • Defensive Driving
  • Working from Height

IHSA Training Provider Details and Agreement

Details of how to apply for Trainer training are here: www.ihsa.ca/training_provider/index.cfm One pre-requisite of the Training Provider courses is completion of the Training Provider Agreement www.ihsa.ca/pdfs/training_provider/TPAGR01_training-provider-agreement.pdf.

It appears this Agreement applies no matter whom you train: your own employees or employees of other companies.

Insurance Requirements

Page 3 of the Agreement contains an insurance requirement for $5,000,000 commercial general liability insurance . IHSA is to be covered under the Commercial General Liability Insurance (CGL) Policy as an insured (see IHSA links above for specifics). You very likely already purchase CGL so this should be a simple process of checking your limit is compliant and adding IHSA’s requirements to the CGL Policy.  If you need help contact our office:  www.fenninsurance.com/contact-us/

Page 3 of the Agreement also includes an insurance requirements for $5,000,000 errors and omissions insurance.  Errors and Omissions is typically excluded under CGL insurance and so you will likely need to purchase an additional policy.  If you wish to apply for competitive and compliant IHSA Trainer Errors and Omissions insurance contact us: www.fenninsurance.com/contact-us/

This post applies to Ontario businesses only.

Have a great day!

Simon Fenn

Comments are closed.